Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whats up with Star Trek Discovery!!

ok for those not following news of Star Trek Discovery

here is the newest trailer

is STD a reboot ?

and could STD be dead on arrival or even make it to air ?

and for you ship lovers here another from trek yards

Hummm I see that people are viewing this thread but no one has commented, no one has any thoughts or concern's on what I posted ??
    Last edited by STO_Mac; 25th March 2017 at 12:37 PM.

It discovery and it on pay wall and let face cbs has had a bad track record of late. So nope not interested in discovery. Plus that got be the fugliest ship ever.

that first video was taken down it seems...

Trekyards is a good podcast, but i skip a lot of episodes because it is mostly "talking head".
    They get a ton of good interviews from the designers (Doug Drexler and all those good guys), always watching those of course.

But i'm kinda over the entire speculation and anticipation thing, the show was supposed to start 3 months ago and they still haven't shown anything except for that terrible 5 day slap together job of a ship.
    I'm gonna watch it of course... but my expectations are at rock bottom.
    They seem to think it is more important to please the LGBTQ+ SJW crowd with their character choices than it is to mention a single fucking thing about Trek or what the show is going to be about... makes me think they got no idea what they are doing, where to take it and just want to hammer home the SJW message again.

The "main character" is supposedly Sasha from Walking Dead... and gay... this is gonna be soo awkward.

And that is the next problem i see, they are saying this female ensign is the main character and not the Captain. Well they apparently have never seen Star Trek before, the Captain was never the main character, the SHIP is the main character, the crew is always a team effort, the Captain is only the one that gets to make the tough choices, i don't think that Picard got any more or less screen time than Worf or Data... or Wesley. I mean in the Movies of course... but... all in all it was always at least attempted to be somewhat balanced, now they are saying this one person is the main character, i don't want that, i want the entire Crew to matter equally.
    But who knows, they didn't say jack shit so far what to expect.

What i wanted from Star Trek was to see what happens AFTER Voyager + Nemesis. I don't care if its 5 months or 5 decades later, but no more of that prequel or reboot shit, FORWARD!

One of my ideas was to make like a generational Ship, make it the first real Transwarp Ship and let Starfleet want to expand into the next Galaxy, we've seen all the Quadrants in the Show, it is time to be explorers again, ...so essentially exactly what Mass Effect Andromeda did (or Stargate Atlantis for that matter), send a few big Ships (Arks), with a few small Ships and tons of people to build a foothold and a Transwarp Gate in the next galaxy, of course something goes wrong, connection can't be established for whatever reason and they need to tough it out on their own, they can't possibly make the trip back unless they get the Transwarp gate functioning, which may take years (lets say about 7 years).
    And then we got a show where everything can happen and everything is new. ...and yes, you can call the ship Enterprise again.
    Last edited by @Z3R0B4NG; 27th March 2017 at 09:40 AM.

Well from everything I have read and heard about Discovery is that this show is going to be HOT MESS ! the day it airs ( I still have very small amount of hope that the show will be good ) but only time will tell, Discovery is suppose to be in the Prime Timeline But I think Irish was right when he said we wont see another show in the prime timeline again, Discovery is looking more and more to be a reboot or re-imagining of the Prime Timeline but this in a very Dangers time period (after Enterprise and before TOS) Dangers as the show could turn off many loyal Trekkies as the this show can do some Damage to Cannon.

It has always been my contention that CBS and Paramount have never truly understood the IP, and from all the news and rumors that have come out to so far about Discovery it would seam i my be right.

hmmm... wat might this be.

https://i.imgur.com/8wy9zaJ.jpg //edit: image tag removed
    Last edited by @Z3R0B4NG; 26th May 2017 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by @Z3R0B4NG View Post
    hmmm... wat might this be.

Humm Neat looking shut craft but again a little to sleek for the time period.

So the first Trailer is out for Discovery and the look defiantly has more of a JJ trek look to it.

Can't see that vid I'm afraid

Link for all regions (via reddit)