Default Night Of The Living Fed

That's right.. I'm back. Im hoping to get a few reviews for my foundry mission and a cup of sugar.

If you're interested the Mission is a KDF Foundry name: Night Of The Living Fed
    I've posted the rough draft and realize it has some spelling and grammar errors (which will be corrected over time) but I'm more interested to find out if the game play is viable.

I'm looking forward to your feedback. Thank You in advance.
    In the eye of the mind,
    all Time, Space and Possibilities,
    are one

Racer@xracerx337x

Hi Racer, I tried your mission Night of the Living Fed last night and got stuck once completing the first part of mission.

Once leaving Qo'noS after speaking with Kriton, you are asked to secure an area, whilst the text does initially tell you to go to some system in some sector before you transport out (I think it was some system in the Donatu Sector, my memory is crap), but once you leave, there is no actual text in the mission description area to advise you of where to go. No arrows / no mission parts description. In fact I may have been searching in the wrong block altogether lol. See image below.
    I tried locate the mission by flying around some systems but got pissed off after 10/15 mins with no luck and just dropped the mission. You need to sort out the way points and have at least some direction of where to go. Other players will not wait as long as I did to try figure it out.

Also a few spelling mistakes on first parts of mission, I took note of a few, if you need these, just shout. But a proof read will probably sort all the stuff out.

HTH, Look forward to completing it.

"Once leaving Qo'noS after speaking with Kriton, you are asked to secure an area, whilst the text does initially tell you to go to some system in some sector before you transport out (I think it was some system in the Donatu Sector, my memory is crap), but once you leave, there is no actual text in the mission description area to advise you of where to go. No arrows / no mission parts description. In fact I may have been searching in the wrong block altogether lol."

Yes your are correct after speaking to Kriton, the Mission objective appears saying "Secure Area" but this is an Objective and not an instruction to go to the Zebal System. If you read the dialog box after stating that "you will leave Immediately" Kriton says "before you leave I would like you to go to my office and take a gift to your crew". when you go to his office in the chambers, you will find a barrel of wine. when you click on the barrel a patron of the bar will tell you to jump directly to the meaty part of the story.. which will take you directly to the system...

One thing I have notices about many foundry and All released Episode is that it gives no room for error. the player simply clicks through the dialog with no recourse for not reading. We have been trained not to play, but to simply read a highlighted area then click to get the next highlighted area then click again. In this mission I have bypassed this "Lab Rat" training by presenting generalized objectives. the first is in the example you have given, by adding one sentence in a dialog box after the objective is presented. the objective never states "go to zebal system" only to "secure the area". thusly by not reading the last dialog box and not following its instruction, you have in essence "failed" the mission.

This concept is repeated a couple of times during the mission..by doing so it forces the player to explore the maps and follow a trail of bread crumbs which may or may not be there depending on choices made. It also allows for "mistakes" to be made without leading to total failure of the mission.

when playing the mission try to keep this saying in mind. "4+4=8 but 6+2=8 and 5+3=8, it just goes to show you that there are more than one way to do things."

I hope this tid bit of insight encourages you to try the mission again.
    In the eye of the mind,
    are one

Racer@xracerx337x

Cheers Racer, had done the barrel of wine thing as well as buy a patron a drink or two , I just didn't mention/detail it properly, so maybe I just completely missed it.
    I will try the mission again later. Thx.

Thanks for the reviews..I have taken them and made several improvements outside of the usual spelling.

The major concern from the reviews, was players being in a state of confusion (mostly from the above mentioned).
    Since the foundry would not let me correct the issue and still keep an element of the story. I came up with a small work-around, with a highlight of green mission text and Bold Title text to the last dialog box in the conversation. I'm hoping it will slow the player down or at least catch their eye so it will be read. Also the P.H.E.D. has been updated with a better discription of how the combadges work. Along with some spelling checks about 100 boxes, the plot thread to the next mission has been strengthend, respawn points properly adjusted,
    better spacing of mobs in some areas.(and so on)

But this post is really to thank those who have taken the time, to provide good feedback.
    I hope you will take the time to revisit the mission and help me to make the final adjustments in preparing it for the general public.

Thank You, your help has been noted and men in black suits will be arriving at your doors shortly =)
    In the eye of the mind,
    are one

Racer@xracerx337x