Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ah, I forgot to mention that.

As for the Nukara set, does the damage buff surpass what one gets from the Counter-Command deflector? I'd like to see some numbers on that.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 19th February 2015 at 01:00 PM.

2 piece nukara and romulan engine is what everyone craving for dps uses.trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
    2 piece nukara and romulan engine is what everyone craving for dps uses.trust me.
    No offense, but I don't trust anyone without numbers, or at least some sort of explanation, to back it up. :P

I'm just a little wary because a friend of mine ran some tests, and this is what he came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    Funny thing, the same time I ran tests on my Engineer, someone else ran tests on their Tactical captain. (Again, this was in the Mk XII days, level 50.)

My Engineer's results: CC/Rom/Fleet > CC/Nuka/Nuka > Nuka/Rom/Nuka
    Their Tactical's results: CC/Rom/Fleet > Nuka/Rom/Nuka > CC/Nuka/Nuka

That's because Tactical captains have Attack Pattern Alpha.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 19th February 2015 at 01:24 PM.

well i tried to help,guess you can lead people to water but not make them drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
    well i tried to help,guess you can lead people to water but not make them drink.
    Hey, I'm more than willing to do it. But I'd like to see some data. ^_^;;
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 19th February 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey, I'm more than willing to do it. But I'd like to see some data. ^_^;;
    Hawk, I've had several people help me get better at STO. I've had fellow fleet mates help with my skill tree and I've had youtube/twitch subscribers also help me with my traits and load out. I have never relied on numbers, but the suggestions of others. From what Chunter is giving you, I see no harm in trying the build.
    MXPHOENIX
    Crewman
    Jupiter Force

"I Shine, Not Burn."

STO: @mxphoenix | Youtube: MXPHOENIX | Twitch: MX_PHOENIX |

Quote Originally Posted by MXPHOENIX View Post
    Hawk, I've had several people help me get better at STO. I've had fellow fleet mates help with my skill tree and I've had youtube/twitch subscribers also help me with my traits and load out. I have never relied on numbers, but the suggestions of others. From what Chunter is giving you, I see no harm in trying the build.
    Fair enough. I can give it a try, but it won't be for a while, I'm going to try the other one first. The main issue at the moment is the time/dilithium investment.

Also, you won't have accurate data unless you try it yourself anyway, nothing better than just getting advice then testing accurately on yourself

Believe me, had this talk with many a-folk looking for advice on a ship build in the past xD

Also a tip.

If you really want your ship build effective as much it can,than you will need large time investment and dilithium(thats why it is called grinding).

Like others said,i personally never bothered in past with numbers,for me it was simple.
    But always took others opinions into consideration.

If i can kill player in 10 - 20 seconds,my build works fine.
    If i heal certain person from 10% health to 100% in 10 seconds and can stay alive for a 5-10 minutes and heal others,my build works fine.

My favorite was,if i could angry other JF members within a 5 minutes,i was happy with my build(counts for space and ground).
    Last edited by Shanis; 20th February 2015 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
    Also, you won't have accurate data unless you try it yourself anyway, nothing better than just getting advice then testing accurately on yourself

Believe me, had this talk with many a-folk looking for advice on a ship build in the past xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanis View Post
    Also a tip.

If you really want your ship build effective as much it can,than you will need large time investment and dilithium(thats why it is called grinding).

Like others said,i personally never bothered in past with numbers,for me it was simple.
    But always took others opinions into consideration.

If i can kill player in 10 - 20 seconds,my build works fine.
    If i heal certain person from 10% health to 100% in 10 seconds and can stay alive for a 5-10 minutes and heal others,my build works fine.

My favorite was,if i could angry other JF members within a 5 minutes,i was happy with my build(counts for space and ground).
    Why would you ever play ground in this game? :P

Right. Well, it'll take some time presumably to get that omni-directional phaser, and I have no idea how to set up a DPS monitor, but if I can do those things, I can probably get the data I need.