Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Default Escort Advice + Qmendations Question

    Hi, new member here. First off, I would like to apologize for not being very active since being accepted, between the recent snowpocalypse and school ramping up I haven't had much time to myself.

    That said, now that I'm finally caught up on everything, and the snow has lessened (the snow did, in fact, bother me anyway), I'm planning to get active in-game again, and I have two questions. First, I'm ramping up to get a fleet escort, and I'm not sure which one to pick. I was originally looking at the escort carrier, because I always liked the Akira and the idea of having little attack ships stinging the enemy and intercepting torpedoes was charming to me. But then I saw the Patrol Escort Retrofit, and I thought, "That looks pretty cool. The design is unique, and it has that extra aft-mounted cannon to poop more damage on the enemy after my alpha strike." Then I realized that there was a fleet version of the Defiant, one of my favorite ships, and now I just don't know what to pick anymore. @_@

    The second question is, so far I've only had one day to do any of the anniversary stuff. If I got back in and played every day, would I still have a chance at getting enough Qmendations for the new ship, or am I SOL? As an aside, if I am SOL, will these Qmendations count for next year's anniversary as well, or should I just discard them?

  2. #2
    Community Admin
    STO Lifetimer
    @Russell-KV4S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chelsea, AL
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hi, new member here. First off, I would like to apologize for not being very active since being accepted, between the recent snowpocalypse and school ramping up I haven't had much time to myself.

    That said, now that I'm finally caught up on everything, and the snow has lessened (the snow did, in fact, bother me anyway), I'm planning to get active in-game again, and I have two questions. First, I'm ramping up to get a fleet escort, and I'm not sure which one to pick. I was originally looking at the escort carrier, because I always liked the Akira and the idea of having little attack ships stinging the enemy and intercepting torpedoes was charming to me. But then I saw the Patrol Escort Retrofit, and I thought, "That looks pretty cool. The design is unique, and it has that extra aft-mounted cannon to poop more damage on the enemy after my alpha strike." Then I realized that there was a fleet version of the Defiant, one of my favorite ships, and now I just don't know what to pick anymore. @_@

    The second question is, so far I've only had one day to do any of the anniversary stuff. If I got back in and played every day, would I still have a chance at getting enough Qmendations for the new ship, or am I SOL? As an aside, if I am SOL, will these Qmendations count for next year's anniversary as well, or should I just discard them?
    I'm out of the loop on ship builds but I'm still flying the fleet defiant and upgraded it to T5-U. Yes, keep the Qmendations that will be the event standard every year according to Cryptic. I think if you have this years event slotted you will be able to fill it next year too. but then you will be competing with whatever the reward is next year too. If you don't slot this years project then it probably won't be available again.
    "We are one big, happy fleet!" -Khan

    STO Lifetimer: Russell@Russell-KV4S
    Website: http://KV4S.com
    Twitter: @KV4S
    Google+: Russell Thomas
    Steam: KV4S
    My Guide: XMPP client for Android for JFC chat
    STO_DevTracker Developer: @STO_DevTracker

  3. #3
    Member MXPHOENIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    The second question is, so far I've only had one day to do any of the anniversary stuff. If I got back in and played every day, would I still have a chance at getting enough Qmendations for the new ship, or am I SOL? As an aside, if I am SOL, will these Qmendations count for next year's anniversary as well, or should I just discard them?
    The event has been extended to March 2nd, so you should have enough time to get the anniversary ship. The nice thing is, if you get it done on one character, the other characters can get it for 40 Qmendations. Just don't have it slotted until after your one character gets it. I hope this helps.

    That said, now that I'm finally caught up on everything, and the snow has lessened (the snow did, in fact, bother me anyway), I'm planning to get active in-game again, and I have two questions. First, I'm ramping up to get a fleet escort, and I'm not sure which one to pick. I was originally looking at the escort carrier, because I always liked the Akira and the idea of having little attack ships stinging the enemy and intercepting torpedoes was charming to me. But then I saw the Patrol Escort Retrofit, and I thought, "That looks pretty cool. The design is unique, and it has that extra aft-mounted cannon to poop more damage on the enemy after my alpha strike." Then I realized that there was a fleet version of the Defiant, one of my favorite ships, and now I just don't know what to pick anymore. @_@
    Snow sucks! I live with it 9 months of the year. Russell enjoys his fleet tactical escort, I have a fleet Patrol escort and I think its a fun ship to fly in, but I would suggest that you look at the Fleet Battlecruiser. I have the regular version, and that thing can kick some serious @$$, I can only imagine how the Fleet version upgraded to T5-U could do. That's just my opinion though.
    MXPHOENIX
    Crewman
    Jupiter Force

    "I Shine, Not Burn."



    STO: @mxphoenix | Youtube: MXPHOENIX | Twitch: MX_PHOENIX |

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by @Russell-KV4S View Post
    I'm out of the loop on ship builds but I'm still flying the fleet defiant and upgraded it to T5-U. Yes, keep the Qmendations that will be the event standard every year according to Cryptic. I think if you have this years event slotted you will be able to fill it next year too. but then you will be competing with whatever the reward is next year too. If you don't slot this years project then it probably won't be available again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MXPHOENIX View Post
    The event has been extended to March 2nd, so you should have enough time to get the anniversary ship. The nice thing is, if you get it done on one character, the other characters can get it for 40 Qmendations. Just don't have it slotted until after your one character gets it. I hope this helps.
    Oooo, thanks~

    Quote Originally Posted by MXPHOENIX View Post
    Snow sucks! I live with it 9 months of the year. Russell enjoys his fleet tactical escort, I have a fleet Patrol escort and I think its a fun ship to fly in, but I would suggest that you look at the Fleet Battlecruiser. I have the regular version, and that thing can kick some serious @$$, I can only imagine how the Fleet version upgraded to T5-U could do. That's just my opinion though.
    Thanks, but I prefer flying an alpha strike escort. It's just so satisfying to warp in with the Picard maneuver and just kill everything with a full frontal barrage. Besides, if I went with a battlecruiser-type, I'd be more inclined to go with the three-nacelle Destroyer.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 13th February 2015 at 04:21 PM.

  5. #5
    Member MXPHOENIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Oooo, thanks~



    Thanks, but I prefer flying an alpha strike escort. It's just so satisfying to warp in with the Picard maneuver and just kill everything with a full frontal barrage. Besides, if I went with a battlecruiser-type, I'd be more inclined to go with the three-nacelle Destroyer.
    The Gal X is a carrier. The Battlecruiser is a cruiser that flies and hits like an escort. I'm sure if you could try using the Battlecruiser, you would probably like that more. Just my thoughts though.
    MXPHOENIX
    Crewman
    Jupiter Force

    "I Shine, Not Burn."



    STO: @mxphoenix | Youtube: MXPHOENIX | Twitch: MX_PHOENIX |

  6. #6

    Default

    Well, that doesn't change the fact that right now, I'm looking for an escort, and I only have a Federation captain.

    EDIT: Which cruiser is it that you say turns like an escort? I can't seem to find it.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 13th February 2015 at 05:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Community Guest Alzerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    522

    Default

    It's the Fleet Avenger Battlecruiser, but it doesn't quite turn like an escort but i you put some enhanced nuetronium fleet consoles (+Turn) and its a seriously fun ship. One of my favorite ships and one of the better looking ships imo.

    Check this out: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Avenger_Battle_Cruiser

  8. #8

    Default

    Well, it's a good-looking ship no doubt. But with a turn rate of 9, I'm concerned about its ability to keep frontal dual cannons trained on the enemy. And the loss of a tactical slot compared to most of my choices concerns me. (Edit: I'm a derp. The extra front weapon makes up for the loss of a console, doesn't it?)

    As an aside, I find it amusing that between this forum and the official forums, the suggestions are either the Avenger, or the Phantom, neither of which were on my original list. XD (And the reason I don't get the Phantom is because I lack the dosh, FYI.)
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 14th February 2015 at 08:01 PM.

  9. #9
    Member Shanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ask that brittish Ooiue?
    Posts
    4,321

    Default

    Hawkflight,if you truly want Alpha Striker,than go for notorius Vape build.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8JFIJWupgQ

    Just a video of Fleet Defiant Vaper.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanis View Post
    Hawkflight,if you truly want Alpha Striker,than go for notorius Vape build.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8JFIJWupgQ

    Just a video of Fleet Defiant Vaper.
    I have no idea what any of that stuff is, especially since it's all in black and white.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •