Default Podcasters Summit to talk about Delta Rising and the future of STO

Hi guys;

I had a little surprise happened to me last night. I got to chat with Terrilynn in STO on Tribble and I asked her when a possible podcasters summit would take place and maybe talk about Delta Rising and the future of STO.

She told me that Priority One had talked about in Vegas and she said she liked the idea.

So Mav, What do you think ??

Do you think STOked, Priority One and the G&T show could work together and put together the next STO Podcasters summit.

Maybe as STOked's episode 100 near the release date of Delta Rising on Holodeck.

Well, This is just an idea that I had.

OK guys, I have my nova proof survival suit on. Let me have it

I like this idea.

It's not a bad idea to get something like this running but unless you want it to be an unprecedented cluster f**k there will need to be a strict agenda set out in advance, for example:

• Current state of the game - PvE (space / ground)
    • Current state of the game - PvP (space / ground)
    • Gearing situtation for casuals / "normal" / hardcore players
    • Skill system considerations - too complicated / unwieldy ?

• Delta Rising Expansion - the good, the bad and the ugly aspects
    • Tier 5U ships - ultimately pointless appeasement gesture or useful for some players?
    • Tier 6 ships - a betrayal to "promises" for nothing above tier 5 or a choice that needed to be made?
    • End Game Content - old powerful ships, new powerful ships...what will they be used for other than doing old missions faster?
    • The Foundry - so much potential that has been wasted, time to drop it or monetise it so that it gets some dev attention?

• Wish list - what needs to be added to the game to help it take that next step?
    • Reality check - of all those wishes which are likely to ever make it into the game?
    • Community voice - what does the community want to see changed in the game?
    • Future vision - where do you see the game being by the 50th anniversary in 2016?

You could get some interesting angles on those topics by getting the perspectives from the different podcaster areas including someone to speak from a Foundry / PvP / casual / normal / hardcore perspective as almost everyone can speak to the PvE aspects.

The next obstacle to overcome is audience level and involvement. The best choice there is to have Priority One be the platform for hosting given their audience size, consistent delivery and dev links. The advertisement pretty much takes care of itself but you could easily get Cpt Smirk involved in that aspect.

The obvious downside to the arrangement would be the lack of a video feed but if there was enough time given in advance to prepare then you could easily set up a round-table Skype discussion. An audio podcast of this would certainly be interesting and while losing the video podcast side of it would greatly simplify the execution, it would also take away a special element of such a summit.

Tier5U: As it stands, useful to some players such as myself.
    PriorityOne does have a livestream (or is it Twitch) channel.. so you could do a video podcast through that.

Maybe you could invite some STO devs to be a part of this as well. Like Bort,Catp.Gecko,Thomas. Just to name a few. Off the top of my head
    '

Quote Originally Posted by omega2550 View Post
    Maybe you could invite some STO devs to be a part of this as well. Like Bort,Catp.Gecko,Thomas. Just to name a few. Off the top of my head
    '
    If you want to get any meaningful commentary from the podcasters then you cannot have devs present. As soon as there is a dev presence each and every podcaster is going to be paranoid about saying the wrong thing and that resulting in them losing future dev interviews. Having your main speakers forced to hold themselves back for fear of repercussions makes the whole effort pointless. You want uncensored, un-curtailed and unrestrained passion for the game to come from those people.

A better idea would be to use the summit output in a condensed form that could then be brought up in various dev interviews as follow ups. That gives the necessary time for the output to be worded in such a way that it prompts a straight answer from an interview subject and doesn't come across as an attack of any sort. Some of the devs can be pretty sensitive when they perceive questions to be thinly veiled criticisms.