stoney997

Default A Klingon What If..

While working on some Klingon missions, a sort of "what if" question popped into my head.

What would happen if a long standing Klingon House found out that the klingon they were named after was found to have done something majorly dishonorable? Would the House be ostrasized? Kicked out from the Great Hall? Tarnished for ever more or would a new House spring up from it's ashes?

I was wondering whether the House would disintegrate and be reborn, or rebuild itself from it's tattered remains.

Any suggestions? May or may not get turned into an arc..

dosen't the dishonor last for three generations. So anything after three generations what happens?

stoney997

Hmmm, thinking about the House of Duras and the House of Mogh I suppose it could go either way.

The idea I had for a story arc was for a minor House to have it's name destroyed by the discovery of some evidence (by yourself) that in effect got it's Founder a posthumous discommendation. Have helped this House previously, you help it regain it's honor and rise from the ashes as a new House.

The family could have done something in a time of war that brought dishonor to the family name. But, like war some times information gets lost or forgotten. This could be one of those cases that they lost their honor and during the war got it back, but do to clerical error it was never recorded so now find prof of honorable act.

LordGordon

What about an internal house problem. A house divided... what I mean to say is what about a Klingon house that has both honorable and dishonorable elements within its own dealings...

Quote Originally Posted by LordGordon View Post
    What about an internal house problem. A house divided... what I mean to say is what about a Klingon house that has both honorable and dishonorable elements within its own dealings...
    Theoretically, that could work. Your purpose could be to help the "honorable" members of the house distinguish themselves sufficiently to found their own house, while their prior one gets dishonored for their actions.

I think? The internal machinations of the Klingon House system confuse me. They seem to frequently work at the Speed Of Plot.

I think? The internal machinations of the Klingon House system confuse me. They seem to frequently work at the Speed Of Plot.
    A good example is the House of Martok he is dead shouldn't it now the House of Drex what has to happen that the name is changed

Phantom247

I agree it is a confusing, if I remember correctly, Worf was still a member of the House of Mogh, not the house of Worf prior to joining the house of Martok, so it may be a situation like Sarek was a member of the House of Surak and thus the house was named after the founder not the current leader?

Just my 2 cents