Thread: Fleet Gal X

Emergency Morale Hologram Xal'Quelrin's Avatar

Default Fleet Gal X

Right, we knew it would happen, and I have been waiting for the day.

This is my current Gal X layout on my Engineer, I know, it sucks, it has decent survivability and decent DPS.

I want to throw it out there to people, see what you can come up with.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=jenreagalx_0

I look forward to your replies.
    Big Daddy Xal

The man of many voices.....

Twitter: Stand_By_4_BSA

I'll leave this to Ooiue or someone else.
    Last edited by Shanis; 9th March 2014 at 09:55 AM.

Here is a basic build you can try: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...sgalaxyxmkii_0

A good combination of tankiness and damage. You can modify it to your playstyle, maybe throw some points into flow capacitors if you decide to use tetryon or polaron with it.
    If you don't plan to use the torpedo, you can take that out for another beam array, replace the Spread with another Tactical team, and replace the RCS console with the plasmonic.
    Warp cores will require a little more research and mostly depends on what your goal it.
    If you can't get or don't want the Elite shield, the full 2pc Borg set will be more than enough.
    If you wanted to, it would be easily to adapt this to an Aux2Bat. Just replace the EPtE with EPtS, move the RSP up to II, throw Aux2Bat I in both your lt slots and you are sorted.

If you still need a build that has been working quite well, I can show you my Aux2Bat build that I have created for active swapping between the Fleet Gal-X, Odyssey and
    Fleet Battle Cruiser. Works quite well in PvE - very good survivability (for an Aux2Bat cruiser), good dps, good utility. Not the absolute best, but still works pretty darn well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustmop View Post
    If you still need a build that has been working quite well, I can show you my Aux2Bat build that I have created for active swapping between the Fleet Gal-X, Odyssey and
    Fleet Battle Cruiser. Works quite well in PvE - very good survivability (for an Aux2Bat cruiser), good dps, good utility. Not the absolute best, but still works pretty darn well.
    I would like to see it. I am thinking of getting back to my gal-x. It worked well in mirror event for me bjt it needs work. But any chance they are going to nerf the whole aux to bat thing soon? It looks like they are in a nerf bat mood.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Altexist View Post
    I would like to see it. I am thinking of getting back to my gal-x. It worked well in mirror event for me bjt it needs work. But any chance they are going to nerf the whole aux to bat thing soon? It looks like they are in a nerf bat mood.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    Truth is,A2B FAW builds are now more generic/standard builds for everything.

I don't think they will nerf it,if it does happen then another build will take it over which is more dangerous and brokened build that this one is.
    Plus it will make both PVE and PVP gameplay even more unfun and boring..

LordofTime can confirm it how that Vape build is broken when you can kill enemy player in 5 seconds without even have to react or buff you up or counter it.

Problem would then rose that STO would switch to "Vaper Online",which again would put Cruisers back into Tank,Healer builds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0byWkCGaFI

Just look at youtube video.
    Last edited by Shanis; 3rd April 2014 at 03:42 PM.

Emergency Morale Hologram Xal'Quelrin's Avatar

I already have my own Aux2Batt build on there, works very well, thank you though.
    Big Daddy Xal

The man of many voices.....

Twitter: Stand_By_4_BSA