Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DStahl says stuff - about Klingons! (mostly)

Banned

I agree, blood from a turnip for me.

More stuff DStahl said:

If Scotty were here he'd be posting...

"Ya dinna tell them how long it reaaally takes now didya?"

Our ship artists have the modeling down to a science - they can get a basic ship modeled in 9 days... so surprisingly ... that is one of the fastest parts of the whole process.

Approvals are also a little stranger than you'd think... often it is the lag time in between everything... the waiting...

but we can get things done quickly in a pinch and we're really trying to get those KDF ships I mentioned in the other thread asap...

btw... I saw one of the coolest demos at work today... a way to have ship loot (engines/consoles/weapons etc) that can adds bits and parts to your ship when equipped! what a novel idea... I'm hoping we can do something with that reaaal soon.
    - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32&postcount=5 (emphasis added by me)

Gorn ships inbound?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
    Ok Dstahl what did they do?

No I'm kidding, but I love the gorn ship... it looks interesting... any idea when we can expect them? ( like one month two months? nothing to close to the date, just a big estimate. )

I"m going to make a random guess and say in about 40 days.... but there's a lot of hurldes to jump to get them all live... and they are all in different states of design/modeling/testing/approval
    - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=30

To add hilarity to your comments... the character artists are both OOO today doing a show and tell at a local art college to answer student questions. (awww community service feels warm and fuzzy)

HOWEVER from what I know - there were no original plans to make Klingon variants of the Veteran's Reward Jacket, nor the "VA" jacket. That is not to say that we couldn't add them, but there were some reasons the artists had for not doing them... and I have to wait till monday to find out what those were then we can go from there.

As far as the missing max rank ships...

They are definitely in the works, on the schedule and being developed....

The current thinking (that may change) is that KDF will get...
    Vor'cha (at 41)
    Gorn (at 51)
    Nausicaan (at 51)
    Orion (at 51)
    TBD Klingon ship (51)

re: TBD ship... we're tinkering with the idea of a Be'rel that can fire torps while cloaked (I think it could be problematic.. but designer thinks its doable).

We are definitely doing the Gorn and it has already been CBS approved... (in fact attaching WIP screen of it)... but the other ships are still in development and design so they may change by the time these get approved and onto Holodeck
    - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...8&postcount=26

About Fleet bases:

Fleet Bases (and design your own ship interior) are long term goals of a user generated content tool. We are playing around with it internally already (the ship interior part) so it isn't going to be a "long long" time but it could be 9 months or sooner before you see starbases as something you could make.

However if UGC is ready to go in Season 3, then you can certainly create your own missions that take place on a space station interior that you design (however there will be no mechanism to customize the exterior view yet).
    - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...96&postcount=3

About the T5 Excelsior and alternate procurement:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
    ...What happened with the Excelsior, and the emblems...?

I'm still a proponent of having multiple ways to get things in game. I was very vocal internally that if they put an excelsior in the C-Store - there had to be a way to get one in game as well. The Excelsior C-Store unlock was going to come with a T3 and T5 version, and instead the compromise is that the T3 version would be in game for Energy Credits and not require a C-Store transaction.

As far as emblems for the T5, this was overruled because the Excelsior is obtainable at Rear Admiral and you cannot gain emblems until you are VA. This isn't to say things can't change in the future.

Your points aren't going on deaf ears. I'm sure we'll be discussing this internally for days. We just tend to see these same arguments whenever anything goes into the C-Store that people really want. Obviously we will continue to react to player feedback and your concerns over items in the C-Store. We certainly talk enough about it in our meetings
    - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=503

Not DStahl (he did comment on how awesome it looked):

You know, this video just made me realize something:

One argument regarding ground combat is 1st person. i.e. get rid of the "person" on-screen. Another argument regarding space is viewscreens, right?

What if the two ideas were combined? In other words, get rid of the ship in sector space. This would effectively make "what we see" the "viewscreen perspective". (Forgive the quotes, had a few shots and couldn't figure out how to make that sentence like I wanted. "Go figure". *GRIN*) Now, maybe the ship was just really small so I didn't see it in the video, but with that ginormous screen I was reminded of the Stellar Cartography view from ST: Generations.

Any of this make sense? Damn whiskey. That's it, I'm going to the man-cave to watch "Clash of the Titans" on Blu-ray.