Default Another crazy idea . . . from Dustmop's Janitors Closet

So, I've been thinking about an interesting Foundry idea. A plot line that will include Ferengi, Borg, and lots of things that will require Foundry skillz that I am sorely lacking.

Here's the idea in a nut shell:

You receive an incoming hail from Starfleet Intelligence rerouting your ship to a point of interest in the Eta Eridani sector (starbase map point). The agent describes that this is a top priority mission, and that it is also very risky as other governments will undoubtedly be attracted to it. You ready your ship, and head out to investigate.

As you warp in, you see nothing but a large, seemingly uninhabitable asteroid (or moon). Your officers scan it revealing . . . .an intact Borg Cube on the surface! And what's more, there are multiple lifesigns of Borg, Cardassian, Klingon and more! Just as you're about to signal your crew to battle . . . you get a hail . . . from the cube . . .

It's a ferengi (Matissun) welcoming you to his new resort . . . The Square Garden . . . (horrible pun, I know). He rambles on about the luxuries there, including the most efficient staff you'll ever see! You question him, but get no relevant answers. Only threatening him with the ramifications of using borg technology causes him to reluctantly meet with you about what is going on here.

You beam into what seems like a borg hallway, and there's a drone there to greet you. He asks you if you have any reservations, how many you have in your party to be seated, and then motions you to the bar to wait while your table is ready. You step into the turbolift to the bar, but when you come out, the area no longer looks like a cube . .. I'm thinking that hijacking the DS9/Drozana bar would work here. He (the borg) recommends the Romulan Ale . . it tastes so good that resistance is futile. The entire wait staff/bartenders/security/dancers are all Borg. The visitors are all kinds of species. You sit down at the table and discuss things with Matissun, who states that he bought this business from another Ferengi (Marbus), and that any problems should be taken up with him because this business was purchased and financed 100% legally from the Ferengi Trade Guild. He gives you Marbus' hailing frequency before handing you the bill for your dinner and drinks . . .and lets you know that the pool and holodeck will be in soon, with 5% off just for you.

You beam up, and hail Marbus who is in a panic. He asks if you've dealt with borg before . . .yada yada yada . . . you warp over to his ship, and find a DKora and a Borg probe. Marbus is on the probe trying to 'recruit' more staff for his other ventures, but something has gone wrong. You beam over to 'save' the moron Ferengi, and find that the drones over there aren't attacking . . .nor are they quite right. Marbus' virus that he introduced into their computer mainframe, instead of just freeing them from their unimatrix . . .caused their 'brains' to be swapped (ala the Voyager episode where 7of9 had multiple personalities from the other borg). needless to say, you must 'fix' his major problem so that you can get proper information to arrest Marbus. I'm thinking on a minigame of 4 or 5 messed up borg officers (a Chobe, a Vulcan, a Klingon, a Romulan and maybe a Cardassian) who must be linked up with their proper minds e.g. the cardie acts like a chobe, the Vulcan acts like a romulan, the Klingon acts like a cardie yada yada yada. when this is all done, the newly liberated borg press charges against Marbus, who you arrest.

any thoughts?

Interesting idea, i could play this mission.

Of course if Foundry gets fixed up.

Console fabrication guide 2.0
    Xbox Live ID: hrci85
    Youtube Channel: MyBalkanGaming
    Cheap Game Keys

so a ferengi, a borg and a starfleet captain walk into a bar....

...they all say ouch

I said it was a crazy idea . . .

I just thought that having a borg cube (there's enough of em as space debris these days) made into a resort by a ferengi would be humorous. That and an all borg staff . . .

We are the borg, lower your standards and wait for your table and the dance bar . . . your culinary advancements and entertainment needs will be assimilated . . . try the soufflé, resistance is futile.
    Last edited by Dustmop; 17th June 2013 at 09:36 AM.

id play that mission.