Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Console fabrication guide 2.0

This is my guide for fabricating purple MK 12 consoles, aka now famous Children's Toys doff chain. I know there is another one in the forum but that one is outdated and short.

Children's Toys chain used to have 4 parts, but the mssion Decipher Strange Markings on Alien Artifact is no longer part of this chain!

This chain now has 3 parts:

1) Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities
    2) Infuse Alien Artifact with Rare Particles
    3) Fabricate Prototype Console from Alien Artifact

1) Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities:

So lets start from the beggining, for this first part of the chain you will need 3x shapeshifting lockets and 3x jevonite.
    You will also need 2x any officer, preferably a quartermaster or a trader. This assaigment lasts for 4 hours.

This first part of the chain you can find in this sector blocks:
    1: Alpha Trianguli Sector Block
    2: Zeta Andromedae Sector Block
    3: Beta Ursae Sector Block
    4: Rolor Nebula
    5: Betraka Nebula
    6: Zenas Expanse

Upon completion of this assaigment you will get a much coveted Strange Alien Artifact. You can also get this item from the exchange or reraly if you crit on exploration
    missions like "Secure artifact from archaeological site in the Cardassia sector".
    After completing this first part of the chain future missions will be called Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities(NADORC), you can find it
    in you Trade tab, and the mission has a 3 day cooldown.

Note: Too see the first part of the chain you must be at least level 40 or higher and usually rank 2 of the Trade commendation.
    When you finish the mission Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities(NDORC), that mission is gone forever, you dont need to look for it as its not a repeatable mission, you need to do it only once on you character.
    After 3 days upon completing NDORC, you are now looking for this mission Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities(NADORC), and this mission alone.
    It doesnt mean that this mission will automaticly appear on your Trade tab after 3days because Doff missions in STO are on 4 hour cycle, so that means that the mission could appear a couple of times a day or in 5 days, this is entiraly on Cryptic.

So the mission you are looking for is Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities(NADORC), which is a repeatable mission!

If you dont want to fly around all that sectors you can find information about NADORC on this channels DOFFJOBS or DOFFCALLS, or better yet here Doffjobs sheet.

2) Infuse Alien Artifact with Rare Particles:

Upon completion of the Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities assaigment you will now get a new repeatable assaigment from your Science officer. Again, you will need to go to your scientist
    and you will find this mission under special projects - Infuse alien artifact. After you complete this mission you will transform you Strange alien artifact to Powered alien artifact.
    For comleting this mission you will need 1x Development Lab Scientist, 1x Science Doff, 1x Strange alien artifact and a bunch of particle traces:
    Chronometric, Duderon, Vertion, Methogenic, Beta - Tachyon, Antithoron, Anyon, Dekyon, Trianium and Metreon. This assaigment lasts for 4 hours.

Note: For criting on this assaigment you doffs would need to have efficient and resolve traits, for failure and disaster unruly trait.
    Even if you fail this assaigment you will get your Powered alien artifact!
    Advice for Ferengi Dkora ship owners how to quickly infuse your artifact if you dont have required particle traces : go to your ship, press contact duty officers, then science depatment,
    then special projects - Infuse alien artifact.
    After pressing Infuse alien artifact you will get an overview of doffs and items required to complete the assaigment. Now close the tab that says Infuse alien artifact,
    do not close the overview, take a few steps back with your character, press the exchange and with that you can read what particle traces do you need and simply buy them.
    This assaigment has no cooldown!

3) Fabricate Prototype Console from Alien Artifact:

After infusing your Strange alien artifact and getting your Powered alien artifact you will then finally unlock the final assaigment at you engineering officer. This assaigment can reward you
    with either Green or Blue or finally a Purple MK 12 console. You will need to go to your ship, then to your engineering to your engineering officer, and you will find this assaigment
    under assamble prototypes - prototype console - fabricate console from alien artifact. For comleting this mission you will need 5x engineering officer who must have a resolve trait!
    This assaigment lasts for 4 hours.

Note: For getting a purple console your doffs will need these traits: Efficient, Stubborn, Cunning.
    Regarding doffs i advise you to buy Deep Space 9 bundle from Zen store. Why? Because in that bundle you will get 2 doffs that you can use in fabricating consoles. The first one is a crucial
    for making puprle consoles. Why? Because its the only doff you can buy from zen store that has 2 crit traits, her name is Ro Taban, she is blue tehnician with following traits: resolve, cunning, spiritual,
    stubborn and teamwork. Other doffs with the 2 crit traits for making purple consoles is almost imposible to find on the exchange or from doff missions.
    The other doff you can also use because he is a purple armory officer with resolve and efficient traits.
    I have read from the forums that the best chance for getting purple console is to have 5 purple engineers with one trait! That is actually not correct! Why? Because with too many engineers
    you will have a greater chance to get a blue console, not purple one. After almost a year of making coonsole i have found that with this combination of doffs you will have a greater chance
    of getting a purple console: Ro Taban doff, 1x purple engineer with one trait and 3x purple doffs of another specialization that is not engineering with one trait!
    My setup is that i have 3 characters that are fabricating consoles every day. Why 3? Because that way you will have a greater chance of getting purple consoles then just making
    consoles with one character. In my best day i got consoles worth about 130m ec, in my worst day i got consoles worth absolutely nothing.
    This assaigment has no cooldown!

Fabricating consoles is purely random! With specific doffs you can only boost your chances of getting a purple console!

I wish you good hunting my fellow fleetmates!
    Last edited by hRCI; 27th March 2013 at 09:38 AM.

Console fabrication guide 2.0
    Xbox Live ID: hrci85
    Youtube Channel: MyBalkanGaming
    Cheap Game Keys

Not bad at all!

Thanks hR!

Nice.

Well its my first guide, but i am very pleased that you are satisfied with it!

Cheap Game Keys

2 things.
    #1 the chain no longer has 4 steps its only 3,decipher is no longer part of the chain.
    #2 Ro Taban does have the 2 traits but is not the best to use,atm there are 2 lockbox doffs on the exchange that you can buy 5 of for better returns and don't cost zen/money,they are Gariff Adam Lucsly (warp core engineer) and Egul'Clan (diagnostic engineer) (egul goes for about 4 mill ec and gariff was about 5-6 last time i looked)
    With 5 of those 2 doffs you will have less traits in the mission but a higher percentage of purple and blue consoles.

However to be honest you could get all white doffs and still get purple consoles.its totally random.

Yea now you gave me idea of creating a guide for Science PVP with build options,doffs,weapons,etc.
    Need to copy paste explanations that i sended to Spud.

Ok, for 3rd step i was not awere of that because i completed this chain on all my characters long time ago!
    Mistake corrected!

As for ro taban i use him because even she is only blue she has 2 crit traits and resolve and she alone gives you more percentage then one of the either doffs you advised.
    I already tried to use all 5 purple engineers with one trait but didnt got any purple consoles, because with all 5 engineers they give you more chance to get a blue rather then a purple console.
    But thank you for your input on the first thing. On the second people can use whatever doff they like as you also said because this is tottaly random. I only advised them to use that combination of doffs
    because in my opinion and results i got more purple consoles.

And Shanis i am glad that i gave you the idea for creating that guide. I am sure it would be much appreciated here on the forum!
    Last edited by hRCI; 12th March 2013 at 06:48 AM.

Cheap Game Keys

Added a few more tweaks for better visibility.

Cheap Game Keys

Quote Originally Posted by hRCI View Post
    Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities

This first part of the chain you can find in this sector blocks:
    1: Alpha Trianguli Sector Block
    2: Zeta Andromedae Sector Block
    3: Beta Ursae Sector Block
    4: Rolor Nebula
    5: Betraka Nebula
    6: Zenas Expanse

(snip)

After completing this first part of the chain future missions will be called Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities, you can find it
    in you Trade tab, and the mission has a 3 day cooldown.
    A few things :

• Both missions ('Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities' , 'Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities' are only available at certain times (for a few hours each time) , thus you have to search for them and be in game at the right time (when these missions are available) .
      You can also try to use this chart to figure out when 'Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities' is on .
      Myself , I can't quite make sense of it unfortunately ) .

• While you usually have to look for 'Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities' by yourself , there is a you can get help or searching for 'Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities' on the dedicated chat channel for Doff missions called doffcalls , and in it ppl often advertise the 'Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities' -- better known as NADORC .

http://youtu.be/7ubpU_IXc-I
    Despite the initial outrage from the fans in 1996 at the use of the name 'Dinobot' for a Decepticon , these calls were soon quieted as through this character we got a wonderfully deeper exploration of what it means to be a Decepticon , including deception , self deception , code of honor , ritual suicide and more .

Moklaw

Quote Originally Posted by Robotrik1 @ Aelfwin View Post
    You can also try to use this chart to figure out when 'Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities' is on .
    Myself , I can't quite make sense of it unfortunately ) .
    NADORC (or Childrens Toys 2/2) is listed on the sheet, halfway down on the right hand side.

Right now it reads

Children's Toys FED&KDF
    Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities 1/1 : *blank*
    Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Com. : BN

So nobody has found Part 1/2 of Childrens Toy's (not surprising, it's not repeatable so once you've done it you don't see it anymore.
    Part 2/2 is in Betraka Nebula.

If it reads a - it means someone who is certain they're not on cooldown has checked all sectors and confirmed it's not up this "round". The round resets every 4 hours. The countdown for sector resets is listed on your DOFF window so you know when to check again.