Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Borg Set and chnages to the old Set

Default New Borg Set and chnages to the old Set

We found a leak about the a new Borg Set and some very bad changes to the old Borg set.

1.) The Borg Assmilated Console is no longer part of the orginal Borg Set, that means you are going to loose the Shield Regeneration if you are not using the Borg Shield, and if you use 2 MACO (KHG) and 2 Borg you are screwed, becuase you are getting nothing from the Borg set.

2.) The Console is now part of a new Borg Set.

Last edited by N.Bridger; 10-17-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Wow. that's a major nerf . and the new set doesn't sound that good. 1% chance to proc +10 weapon power, 1 second reduced damage? think I saw a post in the to forums by both that said the Borg set was op and would be nerfed . just wish it was replaced by a set with more teeth.

Def Munky

It's hilarious that people would bitch about it being OP when the set is extremely easy to get... all you needed was 15 EDC and you could have the 3-piece and some shield of your choosing.

Solitak

NO!!!!

I want my 3 Piece Borg and MACO Shield Back! However, an Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher is something I like (I'm a Plasma Torpedo Fan). That Kinetic Cutting Beam looks nice from a view.

Just hope new fleet elite space gear can be good to replace it.

"Everybody has a price."

Recruitment CO
    STO Game Captain

They kept the multi-regenerative shield array as part of the three piece set. That was, by far, the best part of the Borg set and why so many preferred the Borg set. Unclear if using the Borg Shield instead of MACO or KHG is worth this skill or not, only time will tell.

I 100% support this change as it has been proven time and time again the Borg Set was enormously overpowered and the multi-regenerative shield array has consistently been verified by combat logs as one of the top 3 healing abilities in the game (shield distribution officers and TSS being the other two).

Now, what nerf did they apply to Shield Distribution Officers? Hard to believe they would address the Borg set and not that aspect of overpowered healing, because as it is right now 3 purple Shield Distribution Officers make BFI heal 11K - more than any other shield heal in the game by a lot!

BTW, does the Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set 2 and 3 bonuses look extremely weak to everyone else, or is it just me? Set 3 reduces damage for only 1 second? WTF is that? +10 weapon power for 12 seconds? That's less bonus to an average character weapons power than EPtW ONE which lasts for 30 seconds. Talk about one hell of a crappy set at first glance, I must be missing something.

Def Munky

Quote Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
    BTW, does the Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set 2 and 3 bonuses look extremely weak to everyone else, or is it just me? Set 3 reduces damage for only 1 second? WTF is that? +10 weapon power for 12 seconds? That's less bonus to an average character weapons power than EPtW ONE which lasts for 30 seconds. Talk about one hell of a crappy set at first glance, I must be missing something.
    Doesn't look that spiffy to me either. If they are trying to avoid having a go-to set like the Borg 3-piece and MACO/AEGIS/etc, they're doing a great job... nobody's gonna want to use that POS. lol

RIP U.S.S. Barn Swallow Mrdelta's Avatar

wait... plasma weapon on an anti borg set? did they finally make fires the borg can't just put out?

Engineering Officer: Billy is the best of the best
    oh randomn NPC character, you flatterer you.