Thread: Fastest way to the Fleet Starbase

Default Fastest way to the Fleet Starbase

Until the Fleet Starbase gets it's Transwarp conduit it can be quite a trek from Earth or elsewhere to reach the starbase for a visit or to do the Officer of the Watch dailies, particularly for lower level players without slipstream.

There is a bit of a shortcut though. If you take the episode "Night of the Comet" and keep that in your mission log you can transwarp to that mission's start location any time (Bepi 113 System.) From here it is just a short trip to the Starbase.

Costs 500ec and you need to be at least Lt. Commander (15) to pickup the episode.

This is the shortest route I have come up with, perhaps there are quicker ways?

EDIT: If you have rank 2 of Diplomacy from Doffs etc then you can Transwarp to K7 and head to the Fleet Starbase from there (Thanks Def Munky)

EDIT: This method of using episode transwarps can also be used in gathering commodities etc for starbase projects. These can often be purchased cheaper at different locations than if you simply replicate them e.g. Industrial Energy Cells are cheapest on Vulcan. If you take the "Diplomatic Orders" episode, you can then transwarp directly to Vulcan to go buy them.
    Last edited by lordbalders; 07-18-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: New ways to get there and new uses for episode transwarp.

Def Munky

Quote Originally Posted by lordbalders View Post
    This is the shortest route I have come up with, perhaps there are quicker ways?
    I just transwarp to K-7 in the Sherman system. From there the Starbase is a short hop away. Plus K-7 has a shipyard, bank, mail, exchange, etc. until we unlock the stuff on our base.

Quote Originally Posted by Def Munky View Post
    I just transwarp to K-7 in the Sherman system. From there the Starbase is a short hop away. Plus K-7 has a shipyard, bank, mail, exchange, etc. until we unlock the stuff on our base.
    I think K7 transwarp only unlocks for people at Diplomacy rank 2, so again, newer players may not have that.
    But yeah if people have that then K-7 is closer and more useful

To be honest, there is nothing to really do right now at the fleet starbase and by the time that there is, we'll already of unlocked the transwarp there.

My views are my own and may not represent the views of Perfect World Entertainment

Morale Emergency Hologram Fathom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
    To be honest, there is nothing to really do right now at the fleet starbase and by the time that there is, we'll already of unlocked the transwarp there.
    I'm sure in a month or so it'll probably be where we are 70% of the time.

....you can't polish a turd......

Quote Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
    True, but there are the Officer of the Watch dailies. Sure they only give 5 Fleet Marks, but anyone with toons that are less than lvl 50, if they can't get in game when the Fleet Mark event is on then I think it might be their only way of getting Fleet Marks to donate right now, cos I think you have to be 50 to do the pve queue stuff, and if they can't get on during the Fleet Mark event they can't get the marks from the Tholians either

Quote Originally Posted by lordbalders View Post
    True, but there are the Officer of the Watch dailies. Sure they only give 5 Fleet Marks, but anyone with toons that are less than lvl 50, if they can't get in game when the Fleet Mark event is on then I think it might be their only way of getting Fleet Marks to donate right now, cos I think you have to be 50 to do the pve queue stuff, and if they can't get on during the Fleet Mark event they can't get the marks from the Tholians either
    You do release it takes only a week, maybe to max to get to level 50 right? And if you do Diplomatic doff mission every day. It takes every little time to get to rank 2.

Quote Originally Posted by rco View Post
    You do release it takes only a week, maybe to max to get to level 50 right? And if you do Diplomatic doff mission every day. It takes every little time to get to rank 2.
    I do know how quickly you can get to 50 as I have 8 lvl 50's myself. Here's the thing though, I deliberately posted in the public part of the forum as we get people from other fleets and possibly people not in fleets visiting there for information on the game. Some of those people may be new to the game, or may be very casual gamers who perhaps can only spend 2 or 3 hours a week playing STO because of RL commitments, and so they may not be able to level as fast or burn through the diplomatic doff missions so quickly. The advice can also be extended (and I will update my first post in a moment) to cover things like resource gathering.) Certain projects require things like provisions, and lots of them. Replicating can be expensive and so we have a thread about where you can get them for the best price, one example being on Vulcan. Now if people were maybe at Nukara or elsewhere, their quickest way would be to transwarp to ESD then zone to Sector Space then fly to Vulcan to buy commodities. But if you pick up one of the early episodes that starts at Vulcan you can transwarp directly there for 100ec.

My post was intended not to be as "this way is best" but rather as an alternative method for people.